Saint Leo, Fla. (February 20, 2007) - The Saint Leo women's tennis team (0-5) was swept by No. 36 ranked University of Tampa (4-3) on Tuesday afternoon in a non-conference match.
The Lions were once again short-handed, and forced to forfeit a doubles match and a singles match, spotting the Spartans a 2-0 lead before the match began. UT then swept the remaining matches for the win.
The closest match of the day came in the numbe rone singles slot, as Asmaa Tazi (So., Casablanca, Morocco) forced a first set tie break but eventually fell 7-6 (7-2), 6-4.
Saint Leo will host Florida Tech on Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. in a Sunshine State Conference match.
#36 Tampa 9, Saint Leo 0
1. Erin Heeder (UTW) def. Asmaa Tazi (SLW) 7-6 (7-2), 6-4
2. Jessica Faber (UTW) def. Gina Schifano (SLW) 6-3, 6-1
3. Caitlin Scudder (UTW) def. Taylor Cleaves (SLW) 6-1, 6-2
4. Kourtney Stark (UTW) def. Lara King (SLW) 6-1, 6-0
5. Claire Darling (UTW) def. Hannah Beard (SLW) 6-2, 6-0
6. Allison Beck (UTW) def. No player (SLW), by forfeit
1. Erin Heeder/Jessica Faber (UTW) def. Asmaa Tazi/Taylor Cleaves (SLW) 8-4
2. Jamie Lieberman/Kourtney Stark (UTW) def. Gina Schifano/Hannah Beard (SLW) 8-0
3. Caitlin Scudder/Claire Darling (UTW) def. No player/No player (SLW), by forfeit
Tampa 3-3 (0-3); National ranking #36
Saint Leo 0-4 (0-1)