Miami Shores, Fla. (February 18, 2007) - The Saint Leo men's tennis team (0-4, 0-1 SSC) lost its Sunshine State Conference opener 9-0 on the road at Barry University (2-0, 1-0 SSC) on Sunday afternoon.
The Lions were swept in doubles play and then lost each singles match in straight sets to the perennial national powerhouse.
Saint Leo returns to the court on Friday, February 23 when it hosts Florida Tech in another SSC match at 3:00 p.m.
#6 Barry University 9, Saint Leo 0
1. Andrew Sharnov (BUM) def. Mohamad El Naamani (SLM) 6-1, 6-0
2. Roman Werschel (BUM) def. Brandon Stacey (SLM) 6-1, 6-1
3. Dirk Bennighaus (BUM) def. Mohammed Noorsumar (SLM) 6-1, 6-3
4. Manuel Lauter (BUM) def. Anas Aldahoud (SLM) 6-1, 6-0
5. David Barragan (BUM) def. Michael DelPriore (SLM) 6-4, 6-4
6. Andrew Thornton (BUM) def. Lin-David Lohmueller (SLM) 6-1, 6-2
1. Roman Werschel/Patrick Rittenauer (BUM) def. Brandon Stacey/Mohammed Noorsumar (SLM) 8-1
2. Dirk Bennighaus/Victor Rodriguez (BUM) def. Anas Aldahoud/Ali El Naamani (SLM) 8-2
3. Andrew Sharnov/Manuel Lauter (BUM) def. Michael DelPriore/Gregory Strange (SLM) 8-0
Saint Leo 0-4
Barry University 2-0; National ranking #6