Saint Leo Fitness Center Policies
Fitness Center Facility Usage Policies & Procedures:
USAGE FOR STUDENTS/FACULTY/STAFF:
Students: All full-time/part time students use the SLU Fitness Center by presenting their valid SLU ID.
Student Spouses: Bring spouse's valid SLU ID and your driver's license when purchasing a membership in the SLU Fitness Center.
Faculty and Staff: All full-time/part-time faculty and staff use the SLU Fitness Center by presenting their valid SLU ID.
Faculty/Staff Spouses: Bring spouse's valid SLU ID and your driver's license when purchasing a membership in the SLU Fitness Center.
Children: The SLU Fitness Center is not open to children. We do not permit children spectators during parental fitness activities.
Guests: (18 years of age and older) will be permitted to the SLU Fitness Center when accompanied by an eligible student, faculty or staff with a valid SLU ID.
limitations shall prevail:
1. Limit for the number of guests per ID is two. If an exception to the guest list is needed, please contact the Fitness Director a day in advance.
2. Sponsor will take full responsibility for conduct of guest and any destruction of equipment and/or facilities
3. Guest must present picture ID before entering
4. Guest fee is $5.00 per person/per visit.
There are three (3) semesters per year. These semesters are defined as:
Fall: First day of class through December 31st
Spring: January 1st-Saturday of May Graduation
Summer: First Monday after May graduation through August 8th
*Membership fees will not be prorated, or refunded.
Alumni: For information regarding Alumni memberships, please contact Office of Alumni Relations in St. Francis Hall.
Community/General Public: The usage of the SLU Fitness Center is available for a nominal fee.
POLICIES and PROCEDURES
All users must present a valid SLU ID or a SLU Fitness Membership ID to enter and use the facilities. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Individuals who present false identification or whose ID is presented by another individual shall incur an automatic suspension from the facility of between two weeks and one year.
Facility Supervisors have the authority to demand unruly members and/ or guests to leave the SLU Fitness Center if their conduct necessitates such action. Examples include, but are not limited to: spitting on floors, vandalism, yelling, fighting, dropping weights, threatening employees, and damaging the equipment.
1. Smoking or use of tobacco in any form is prohibited.
2. Food and beverages are not permitted beyond the ID checkpoint.
3. Spitting is not permitted in the facility, including water fountains.
4. Shirts must be worn
5. Non-marking athletic shoes must be worn in the activity areas. Cleats, sandals, bare or stocking feet are not allowed.
6. Portable stereos may be used with headphones only.
7. No animals are allowed in the facility except guide dogs.
8. Saint Leo University Athletics Department and SLU Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Pants with belts or metal rivets and cut-off pants are not allowed. Street clothing compromises the safety of the wearer and is also not permitted. For hygiene purposes and to prolong the life of the equipment, a full shirt, covering the torso is required.
Closed toe athletic footwear is required in all areas except the locker room. Do not wear dark soled shoes that may damage or mark the floors of the gyms and aerobics rooms.
1. Lockers are available for daily use only. All belongings must be removed daily.
2. Inquires regarding lost items should be made at the front desk.
Lost and Found
1. Saint Leo University Athletics Department and SLU Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
2. Store and secure personal items in lockers.
3. Staff members are not permitted to hold valuables.
4. Items found should be turned in to the equipment check out center. Items not claimed within seven days will be donated to charity.
5. Inquires regarding lost items should be made at the equipment check out center.
All backpacks and gym bags must be placed in a locker or on Racks provided at front entrance.
1. All advertising materials, (flyers, banners, etc.), must be approved by the Saint Leo University Athletics Department and SLU Fitness Center.
2. Advertising materials will be confined to designated bulletin boards. No flyers on the glass, windows or doors.
Food and Beverages
1. Food is not permitted past the front desk of the SLU Fitness Center.
2. No glass or metal containers allowed in the Fitness Center.
3. Alcoholic beverages and tobacco are not allowed.
Equipment Check-Out Policies
1. Only authorized users of the SLU Fitness Center may check out equipment.
2. You must present a valid SLU ID or a SLU Fitness Membership ID to check out equipment.
3. Users are responsible for equipment checked out in their name. Fees will be charged for late, lost and/or damaged equipment.
4. If outdoor equipment is not returned within one week of check out, the equipment will be considered lost and the individual will be charged replacement fees. Indoor equipment (Basketballs, Volleyballs, etc.) may not leave the facility, therefore, will be considered lost after one day.
5. An individual who has not returned equipment or paid replacement fees will not be allowed to check out equipment. If fees remain unpaid the member may lose additional privileges.