Saint Leo Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of representatives from all intercollegiate sports at Saint Leo University. At least one representative from each sport assemble to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on the Saint Leo campus.
The SAAC is meant to serve as a local student-athlete voice in addressing issues of student-athlete welfare on our campus. It facilitates better communication among student-athletes from various athletics teams to address issues common to all.
The Saint Leo SAAC also serves as a conduit of communication among student-athletes, coaches and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Concerns can be voiced and solutions offered regarding any issues that may be national in scope and relevant to NCAA student-athletes.
Saint Leo student-athletes celebrate the 2016 Make-A-Wish reveal at the Lions' home softball game against Flagler College.
Faculty SAAC representatives:
Erin Mykleby, Assistant AD for Marketing, Sponsorship & Community Engagement
SAAC 2016-17 Executive Board Members:
President - Jamee Townsend, Volleyball
Vice President - Eli Blackman, Men's Basketball
Treasurer - Michelle George, Softball
Secretary - Hope Lemon, Volleyball
|TEAM||2016-17 SAAC MEMBERS|
|Baseball||Dan Twitty, Robbie Cook|
|Basketball, Men's||Trail Pierce, Tyreece Brice|
|Basketball, Women's||Jacquelyn Layng, Ragen Dotson|
|Cross Country, Men's||Anthony Deleva, Rafal Matuszczak|
|Cross Country, Women's||Natalie McCormick, Lauren Csubak|
|Golf, Men's||Casey Bannon, Colby Tyler|
|Golf, Women's||Marie Coors, Amanda Jakobsson|
|Lacrosse, Men's||Jake Gilmour, Connor Knarsboro|
|Lacrosse, Women's||Alex Alvarez, Sabrina Sanacore|
|Soccer, Men's||Bryce Wilson|
|Soccer, Women's||Natalie Melillo, Lindsay Perkins|
|Softball||Bailey McKenna, Sarah Newman|
|Swimming, Men's||Kane Klimczak, Gabe Langner|
|Swimming, Women's||Olga Britton|
|Tennis, Men's||Charles Benet, James Defusto|
|Tennis, Women's||Katherine Zaatini|
All meetings will be held in classroom 1 of the Marion Bowman Center First Monday of every month.
Upcoming Projects for the 2016-17 school year:
Walk for Wishes
Functions of the Saint Leo University Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
• Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes
• Disseminate information
• Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues
• Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies
• Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams
• Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conferences and NCAA legislation
• Organize community service efforts
• Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g. student government)
• Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus
Responsibilities for Committee Representatives
• Attend all committee meetings and activities
• If unable to attend, select a responsible alternate team representative
• Represent team views at committee meetings. Team representatives must talk to their teammates about issues or projects that will be discussed
• Report to the team and the coach on the committee meetings and distribute the minutes of the meeting
• Organize team members to help with special projects like "Make a Wish"
• Help plan and set up annual awards banquet