The Saint Leo men's golf team will host its annual Invitational Monday and Tuesday. The men's and women's soccer teams will play Rollins in Sunshine State Conference action.
Monday, Sept. 27
2015 McDonough Cup
hosted by Rollins | Oct. 26
Where: Rio Pinar Country Club | Orlando, Fla.
Website: SLU ROL
Coverage Links: Tournament Central | Live Results
- The 11th ranked Saint Leo men's golf team returns to Saint Leo for its lone home tournament of the season. Saint Leo will host its annual Saint Leo Invitational Monday and Tuesday.
- The 54-hole tournament will feature a 36-hole shotgun on Monday followed by 18 holes Tuesday. 90 student-athletes will converge on Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club, and play the esteemed South Course (Par 72 | 7,137 yards).
- The Invitational will feature 10 teams from the 2015 NCAA Men's Golf Super Regional hosted by Saint Leo, and four teams ranked Top-10 in the Bushnell Golfweek Division II Coaches Preseason Poll.
- The last time Saint Leo won its own invitational was 2007. The Lions finished seventh one year ago, and Joey Savoie led the Green & Gold after 36-holes, and tied for third.
- In their last outing, the Lions finished tied for third at the 2015 Columbus State Invitational presented by Aflac. Saint Leo shot the lowest round by any team in the Cougar Invitational, scoring 276 (-8) in the third round as a team.
- Nine different Lions will be in action at Lake Jovita. Five members will compete as a team, while four will compete as Individuals. Savoie, Ryan Gendron, Griffin Clark, Liam Ainsworth and Daniel Pico will represent the Lions as a team, while Riley Goss, Casey Bannon, Marcus Crowe and James Jessop will compete as Individuals.
Wednesday, Sept. 30
- Saint Leo's Genevieve Gignac leads the Lions in goals this season as she tallied her seventh on Saturday, when she set her career-high for goals in a single season.
- Rollins has a 17-5-1 record against the Lions all time.
- Rollins is currently ranked No. 10 in the NSCAA Division II poll. The newest NSCAA poll will come out Tuesday.
- The Tars are 5-2, 1-1 in SSC play following a 1-0 win over Florida Tech on Saturday evening.
- Emma Bloom leads the way for RC with five goals so far, on 27 shots.
- Saint Leo's game against Barry, which was scheduled for Wednesday was started, but due to weather the game was halted with about 13 minutes left to play in the opening half. The game will be resceduled, but the date is to be determined.
- Seven different Lions have scored this season, led by Matthias Katerna with five, and Maximilian Schulze-Geisthovel with four.
- Rollins topped Florida Tech on Wednesday, 4-3.
- Tosan Popo leads the way for the Tars with 17 points on four goals, and nine assists.
- Four different players from Rollins have scored three goals, following the four form Popo.
Look for the next Lions Ledger out Thursday, October 1.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Saint Leo Department of Athletics, be sure to visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.