The Saint Leo men's golf team, ranked seventh in the country, opens the season at the Cougar Invitational presented by Aflac. The men's and women's soccer teams continue SSC action Wednesday.
Monday, Sept. 24
- The seventh-ranked Saint Leo Men's Golf Team opens up its fall campaing at the 2015 Cougar Invitational Monday, and will play 54 rounds of golf in two days. The Lions will play the Par-71, 6,515 yard Country Club of Columbus golf course.
- The line-up for the Invitational is Liam Ainsworth, Griffin Clark, Ryan Gendron, Daniel Pico and Joey Savoie.
- The Green and Gold are making the trip to Columbus, Ga. for just the third time in the past 10 years and it will be the Lions first trip since 2013.
- The 16-team tournament field features two Sunshine State Conference members (Florida Southern and Florida Tech) as well as seven schools ranked in the top-25 by the Golf Coaches Association of America (GCAA).
Wednesday, Sept. 23
- This will be Saint Leo's second Top-10 opponent in as many games following a 3-1 win over No. 1 Lynn on Saturday, Sepy. 19.
- Last season, SLU took the win over FIT, 3-2.
- Saint Leo is led offensively by Matthias Katerna who has five goals, and one assist. Maximilian Schulze-Geisthovel follws with three goals.
- FIT has scored first in it's first three games, including the draw with SSC foe Eckerd.
- Jack Willison and Adin Kavara each have six points for the Panthers.
- Saint Leo is now 2-0 at home so far this season following a 3-1 win over SSC foe Lynn.
- Genevieve Gignac leads the Lions with six goals so far this season. She also leads the team in points with 13 as she has also tallied one assist.
- Selena Jaimes also added her second goal of the season against Lynn. She has now doubled her career-total. She recorded one goal in her freshman season, and now has three total
- Florida Tech is 4-2 following a 2-1 win over Eckerd on Saturday Evening.
- Last season, SLU took the win at FIT in Melbourne, Fla., 2-0.
Look for the next Lions Ledger out Thursday, September 24.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Saint Leo Department of Athletics, be sure to visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.