Monday, April 4
Saint Leo Men’s golf at Argonaut Invitational
Where: Tiger Point Golf Club - Gulf Breeze, Fla.
When: Monday, April 4th - Tuesday, April 5th
- No. 3 Saint Leo heads to West Florida for the Argonaut Invitational, April 4th and 5th at Tiger Point Golf Club in Gulf Breeze, Fla. with play beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- The Lions are one of four top-15 teams (GolfStat Relative Ranking). Golfing for Saint Leo this week: Hugo Bernard, Griffin Clark, Liam Ainsworth, Ryan Gendron and Joey Savoie, while individuals Casey Bannon and Riley Goss take to the course as well.
- In the Field of 15 teams: No. 2 West Florida, No. 3 Saint Leo, No. 9 Lee, No. 12 North Alabama, Missouri-St. Louis, Arkansas Tech, Delta State, Southwestern Oklahoma State, Spring Hill, Erskine, Northeastern State, Montevallo, Harding, Mississippi College and Shorter
- The Lions enter after taking sixth at the Bobcat Invitational on March 22nd where Hugo Bernard led the team with a fourth place finish at plus-four to par (214). Bernard fired off rounds of 71-69-74 on the two day, three round event.
- Griffin Clark took second on the team with a T29th 222 (+12) total for the three rounds,74-76-72. Liam Ainsworth finished in T32nd with a 223 (+13) with rounds of 69-77-77. Ryan Gendron placed third on the team with a T38th finish at 226 (+16) after rounds of 72-78-76. Casey Bannon took fifth on the team and T53rd overall in the invitational with a 230 (+20), 80-72-78.
Saint Leo women’s golf at Argonaut Invitational
Where: Marcus Pointe Golf Club – Pensacola, Fla.
When: Monday, April 4 & Tuesday, April 5
- Saint Leo women’s golf effectively begins championship season this week with an appearance at the University of West Florida Argonaut Invitational. This tournament will act as a regional championship preview, as the tournament is taking place at the site of the NCAA Super Regional on May 2-4.
- The Argonaut Invitational is being held at the par 72, 6,036-yard Marcus Pointe Golf Club in Pensacola, Fla., with 36 holes on Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday. Play begins at 9:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. CT) on both days.
- A total of 12 top 30 teams are in the field for the event: No. 1 Florida Tech, No. 2 Rollins, No. 4 Montevallo, No. 5 Saint Leo, No. 6 Nova Southeastern, No. 7 Lynn, No. 9 West Florida, No. 13 Flagler, No. 21 Armstrong State, No. 23 Lee, No. 26 Limeston, and No. 27 Florida Southern.
- The Lions’ starting five for the Argonaut Invitational will be sophomore Amanda Jakobsson, junior Marie Coors, sophomore Vilde Eriksen, junior Sabrina Rumbaugh, and freshman Mao Young. Senior Kellianne May will be competing as an individual.
Wednesday, April 6
vs. Rollins | 3 PM
Where: Saint Leo Tennis Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
- Saint Leo enters the Sunshine State Conference match with a 13-1, 3-0 record coming off a 5-4 victory over Lynn University on Sunday. The Lions took the win behind an impressive performance from Isabella Robbiani.
- Saint Leo is currently on a 10-match winning streak, dating back to March 3. Freshman Natalia Siedliska is currently 10-0 in singles match, having dropped just one set so far this season. She is nationally-ranked No. 3 by ITA for singles players in DII.
- Last season, the Lions topped the Tars, 9-0 in conference play.