Tuesday, April 12
vs. Florida Tech (Three-game series)
Where: University Softball Field | Saint Leo, Fla.
When: Tuesday, April 12 - 6 p.m. // Wednesday, April 13 - 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Coverage Links: Live Stats (G1) | Live Stats (G2) | Live Stats (G3)| Video
- No. 4 Saint Leo hosts Florida Tech in a three game series Tuesday, April 12th at 6 pm and Wednesday, April 13th at 4 and 6 pm. The Lions enter the series with a 34-1 overall record and a 17-1 mark in the Sunshine State Conference. The Panthers enter the mid-week series with a 36-12 record and 14-4 in the SSC.
- Saint Leo is coming off of a three-game sweep of Tampa over the weekend 4-0 // 5-0 // 4-1 (8 innings). The Lions are on a 20 game win streak and are 19-0 at home on the season. In the three-game series with Tampa, Stephanie Adkins won her 15th and 16th games of the year as Alana Tabel won her 12th. Adkins won game one on a no-hitter performance with eight strikeouts and came in for four innings of work in the final game of the series to pick up the victory on one hit and two strikeouts. Tabel pitched game two and gave up four hits and no runs.
- The Lions lead the SSC with their 17-1 mark where Fla. Tech is third at 14-4. Saint Leo is first in team batting average (.353), fielding percentage (.975) and has the best pitching staff in the league with a staff ERA of 0.56 (Stephanie Adkins 0.40 ERA // Alana Tabel 0.57 ERA // Samantha Tyler 0.88 ERA).
- The Panthers are third in ERA (2.21), fourth in batting average (.289) and seventh in fielding percentage (.947). Rachel Pence ranks sixth in the SSC with a 1.70 ERA. Pence leads the league in wins with 28 and strikeouts with 200.
Wednesday, April 13
vs. Florida Southern | 3 & 4 p.m.
Where: Saint Leo Tennis Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
- The Saint Leo tennis teams will host Florida Southern on Wednesday in Sunshine State Conference action. The women will start at 3 p.m., while the men will follow around 4 p.m.
- The No. 3 Saint Leo women's team enter the match-up with a 15-1 record, and a 5-0 SSC record, most recently topping No. 2 Barry, 6-3.
- On the men's side, Saint Leo is ranked No. 2 in the nation, and are coming off back-to-back wins over No. 7 Barry, and No. 5 Lander. The Lions are 16-1, and 4-0 in the SSC.
- Florida Southern enters with a No. 10 regional ranking on the men's side, along with a No. 43 national ranking, while their women's team enters with a No. 40 national ranking.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Saint Leo Department of Athletics, be sure to visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.