Monday, March 7
- The Saint Leo women’s lacrosse team will play its second home game of the season as they host Indiana (Pa.) Monday night at 7:00 p.m.
- The Lions defeated Gannon University for their first win on the season on Friday night in their home opener, 11-7.
- Freshman keeper Rebecca Halley earned her first career win in net, and has recorded 27 saves in just three games.
- Saint Leo has netted 23 goals, averaging 7.67 goals per game.
- Kelsey Burns and Kaylah Walstad are leading the attack for the Lions with five goals apiece.
- Indiana (Pa.) comes into the match-up, 0-1, after a loss to Sunshine State Conference member Florida Tech, 15-11.
- Adriana Greco and Ally Burrows are tied as the top scorer for the Crimson Hawks, as both put four goals in against Florida Tech.
Tuesday, March 8
- Saint Leo is coming off an upset win over #11 Pfeiffer where the Lions took down the Falcons, 9-8. Senior Dylan Yonts netted five goals and added two assists in the victory. Senior Keeper Dave Moore recorded seven saves giving him his 400th career save.
- Yonts finds himself in sole possession of fourth-place all time in career goals scored with 85. He is also in sole possession of fifth-place all time in career points. He also finds himself ranked 9th nationally in goals per game, averaging 4.
- The Lions are currently ranked first in the SSC in assists per game (10), ground balls per game (35.67), Man-Up offense (.600), points per game (25.33), scoring margin (6.67), and scoring offense (15.33).
- Coker enters the match-up 0-5 on the season, but are No. 1 in the nation in clearing percentage, hitting a mark of 96.3-percent.
- Mike Martiello is ranked 13th in the nation in assists per game, averaging 2.5.
- The Cobras are currently 0-2 vs. Sunshine State Conference opponents, falling 12-10 to Rollins, and 14-9 to Lynn.
Wednesday, March 9
- The Saint Leo tennis teams host Ferris State out of Michigan on Wednesday afternoon at 2PM. The Lions women’s team is coming off a big 3-0 week, while the men went 2-0.
- The No. 3 Saint Leo women’s team took down No. 1 Armstong State, DI Seton Hall, and SSC foe Eckerd, while the No. 7 Men’s team took down No. 3 Armstrong State, and Eckerd.
- The Lions saw freshman Alberto Barroso-Campos, who is the No. 3 singles player in DII, take down Pablo Gor, the No. 2 singles individual, 6-3, 2-6, 7-6 (4).
- The Ferris State’s men’s team comes in ranked 32nd in the latest ITA rankings, and are 6-1 on the season with their only loss coming to DI Western Michigan. The women’s team is 3-2 in the fall season.
vs. Southwest Minnesota State
Where: University Softball Stadium | Saint Leo, Fla.
Records: #11 SLU 16-1, 5-1 SSC | SMSU 2-5, 0-0 NSIC
Website: SLU | SMSU
Coverage Links: G1: Live Stats | Video - G2: Live Stats | Video
- No. 11 Saint Leo hosts Southwest Minnesota State Wednesday in a double-header to open a 10 game home stretch. The games are slated for 5 and 7pm at University Softball Stadium.
- The Lions improved to 16-1 overall and 5-1 in the Sunshine State Conference after two wins over No.14 West Virginia Wesleyan last Wednesday, 1-0//1-0, and a pair of wins over Eckerd on Sunday, 5-0//6-1. Saint Leo dropped its first contest of the year Saturday at Eckerd 2-1.
- Saint Leo sits in second in the conference with a 5-1 mark where they lead the conference in batting average, .366, and ERA at 0.31. The Lions have the second best fielding percentage at .967. Sommer Pollard leads the conference in batting average with a .475 BA and is second in on base percentage, .468. Brooke Samios-Uy holds a two RBI lead in the SSC ranking first with 24 on the year. Rachael Heath leads the conference in on base percentage at .468 and in stolen bases with 16 on the season.
- The Lions have the top three pitchers in ERA as Alana Tabel sits atop at 0.20, Samantha Tyler is second at 0.23 and Stephanie Adkins is third at 0.44.
- The Mustangs enter the game Wednesday with a 2-5 record and play two games Monday night before coming to campus.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Saint Leo Athletocs, visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.