Apr 06, 2015
Monday, April 6
#5 Women's Tennis vs. #44 Florida Tech - 3 p.m.
- The Saint Leo women’s tennis team is fresh off a SSC win over No. 45 Tampa in its most recent outing. The Lions ousted the Spartans by a 7-2 final score after taking a 2-1 lead after doubles play. The Green and Gold nearly swept singles action, clinching the contest and earning its third conference win of the season.
- Marine Beugre-Guyot continues her torrid season for the Lions, improving to 11-1 on the year in singles play and an impressive 6-0 in the third flight.
- The Panthers were swept by #6 Lynn in their last matchup, dropping a 9-0 contest to the Fighting Knights. In the last meeting between Saint Leo and Florida Tech, the Lions took an 8-1 decision.
Tuesday, April 7
Women's Lacrosse at #4 Florida Southern - 7 p.m.
- The Saint Leo women’s lacrosse team continues SSC play after splitting its previous pair of conference matchups. The Lions bested Tampa by a 15-5 score before dropping its second contest of the week to No. 10 Rollins by a 14-5 final tally.
- Midfielder Kelsey Burns netted four goals for the Green and Gold against rival Tampa while Alix Murray was a perfect 3-for-3 on the evening. Freshman Abbie Ross added two goals to team-leading mark, totaling 25 throughout the season.
- Christina Minneci ranks second on the squad in points with 26 while adding 26 ground balls and 20 draw controls through 12 games this season.
- The Lions rank fifth in the nation in saves percentage, stopping 0.520 shots, anchored by goalie duo Brittany Millsap and Kaylyn Kearns. Millsap is 5-5 with a 48.5% saves mark across 515 minutes of play while Kearns stops 59.3% in her 220 minutes of action.
- In the last meeting between the two teams, Florida Southern bested the Lions by a 20-5 final score.
Wednesday, April 8
#5 Men's Tennis vs. #37 Florida Tech - 3 p.m.
- The men’s tennis team returns to action after a nearly two-week hiatus since its last matchup against NYIT. The Lions bested the Bears by a 6-3 final score. The win pushed the Lions to a No. 5 ranking in the latest ITA tennis national release.
- Alex Theiler was tabbed the No. 21 singles player in the most recent national release while Egor Panyushkin garnered a No. 23 ranking.
- Florida Tech is on a three-match skid after dropping its most recent contest to Embry-Riddle by an 8-1 final score. Previous to that, the Panthers fell to SSC powerhouses Lynn and Barry.
- Saint Leo bested Florida Tech in its matchup last season, defeating the team by a 5-1 final score on the road.