Thursday, March 19
Track at USF Bulls Invitational - All Day
Where: USF Track & Field Stadium, Tampa, Fla.
- The Saint Leo men's and women's track teams will compete in the USF Bulls Invite Thursday and Friday. The Lions will race at the USF Track & Field Stadium against a strong field full of Division I & II competition.
- The Lions return to the site where they had 11 top-10 finishes last week at the USF Invitational. Among those Colette Rampf, Carl Dunne, Haley Roussell, Lauren Csubak, Rafal Matuszczak and Valentin Lenz each turned in top-five performances.
- The Sunshine State Conference will have another strong presence at the invitational. Florida Tech, Tampa, Florida Southern, future SSC member Embry-Riddle and Saint Leo will represent Division II at the meet.
- Saint Leo will race in the the 5K Thursday night and the remaining distance races Friday.
- Saint Leo will send 11 members of the women's team and 15 athletes from the men's team.
Friday, March 20
Women's Lacrosse vs. Lenoir-Rhyne - 4 p.m.
- The Saint Leo women's lacrosse team returns to Universtiy Turf Stadium Friday, March 20 for its final nonconference game before opening Sunshine State Conference play April 1st. The Lions will host Lenoir-Rhyne at 4:00 pm.
- The Lions stumbled Wednesday afternoon against No. 10 Limestone College and snapped their four-game win streak in a 19-3 road loss to the nationally ranked Saints. Abbie Ross scored all three goals for the Green and Gold at Saints Field in Gaffney, S.C.
- Ross leads the squad with 21 goals and one this season. Christina Minneci has also turned in 22 points this season, 16 goals and six assists.
- Lenoir-Rhyne enters Friday's contest 3-4, 1-2 on the road. The Bears are led by Lauren Donovan with 20 goals and 10 assists.
#16 Baseball at Eckerd - Series
Where: Turley Athletic Complex, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Record: SLU 21-5, 2-4 SSC | EC 13-10, 3-4 SSC
Website: SLU | EC
Game 1, Fri. March 20 at 6pm: Live Stats | Video
Game 2, Sat. March 21 at 1pm: Live Stats | Video
Game 3, Sat. March 21 at 4pm: Live Stats | Video
- The Lions and Panthers are 5-5 in the last 10 meetings with Saint Leo taking the last four in a row.
Softball at Nova Southeastern - Series
Where: AD Griffin Sports Complex, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Record: SLU 26-7, 2-4 SSC | NSU 10-13, 0-6 SSC
Website: SLU | NSU
Game 1, Fri. March 20 at 7pm: Live Stats | Video
Game 2, Sat. March 21 at 1pm: Live Stats | Video
Game 3, Sat. March 21 at 3pm: Live Stats | Video
- The Lions enter the weekend series after sweeping their midweek doubleheader against Palm Beach Atlantic University. The Saint Leo pitching staff combined for 18 innings, yielding but a single unearned run.
- Senior Ashley Ehlers (10-4) tossed a one-hit shutout in the second contest, dealing seven innings while striking out nine batters for the win. The Saint Leo pitching staff has a combine, 1.40 ERA which currently ranks sixth in Division II. The mark ranks first in the Sunshine State Conference as each Green and Gold hurler has an ERA below 1.75 across 215 innings of work.
- Centerfielder McKenzie Burns continues to pad her program-leading stolen base mark. The senior has 29 this season and 136 on her career. Burns is second in program history in both walks (70) and runs scored (149) in her career.
- Senior Adriana Sanders leads the conference in batting average, as the third-baseman sports a .500 batting average through 25 games. Fellow senior Angela Kafalas is the reigning SSC Softball Athlete of the Week after hitting four home runs in a 10-game span. The offensive player totaled 12 RBI off 12 hits, scoring nine runs in her dominating week.
- NSU is fresh off a doubleheader sweep of St. Thomas University, winning by a 9-1 first game score and then followed with a 7-5 victory.
- The Sharks are led by Lorena Spaulding who bats at a .480 clip across a 23-game span. Katrina Ammons has a team-best four home runs and 18 RBI to lead the offense.
- In the previous season series, Saint Leo took two of the three game set, outscoring the Sharks 12-6 across the span of the series.
Saturday, March 21
Tennis vs. NYIT - 1 p.m.
- The Saint Leo tennis teams both suffered 5-4 losses to the West Florida Argonauts on Wednesday.
- In the latest ITA regional rankings, the Saint Leo men’s squad ranks third in the region. Alex Theiler and Egor Panyushkin are ranked No. 7 and No. 8 in the region while the tandem of Theiler and Bruno Sisti rank second in the South Region.
- The Saint Leo women’s team holds its No. 3 ranking in the South Region. Isabella Robbiani ranks No. 5 for the individuals in the region while Anastasia Wagner and Maria Benkirane sit at No. 15 and No. 17, respectively. In doubles action, Benkirane and Robbiani rank No. 2 in the region in tandem play.
- Head coach Chris Frusci will face his former team in the NYIT Bears on Saturday. The NYIT women rank first in their region, with Alessia Rosetti (No. 3), Sara Burinato (No. 6), Gabriela Siembab (No. 7), Alexandra Borgnoff (No. 8) and Melanie Benyadi (No. 10) all garnered regional nods.
- On the men’s side, the Bears rank second in the East region with Julio Pulido (No. 6), Rafal Charkiewicz (No. 7), Matej Selecky (No. 9) and David Jiang all earning ITA East Region singles honors.
Men's Lacrosse at Wingate - 1 p.m.
- The Saint Leo men's lacrosse team travels to Wingate University Saturday at 1:00 pm. The Lions are looking to snap a two-game losing streak.
- Matt Weller, Eric Gendron and Dylan Yonts each scored two goals and added one assist in the Lions last effort against Pfeiffer. Jay Calcagno added 2 points (1 goal, 1 assist) while Kevin Hutchinson and Jake Gilmour each added one goal each.
- Yonts leads the Lions with 24 goals this season, averaging 3 per game. Gilmour has 10 goals and 10 assists.
- The Bulldogs are riding a five-game win streak, defeating Catawba in their latest outing, edging the team by an 8-7 score.
- Wingate is led by Austin Murphy who has scored 19 goals and assisted 18 for a team-best 37 points. Tanner Kotch has 20 goals through 10 games of work.