Thursday, February 19
Swimming at Sunshine State Conference Championships - All Weekend
- Saint Leo men’s swimming was undefeated all season in dual meets 6-0. Six men’s school records were set this season in the 500 Free, 1000 Free, 1650 Free, 100 Fly, 200 Fly, and 800 Free Relay.
- Saint Leo women’s swimming also went defeated with a 7-0-1 record in dual meets. Six school records were set this season in the 50 Free, 200 Free, 100 Fly, 100 Back, 400 IM, and 400 Free Relay.
- In the latest collegeswimming.com poll, the Saint Leo men ranked 30 while the women ranked 40 in the nation.
Friday, February 20
Softball at Saint Leo University Sunshine Invite - All Weekend
- The Saint Leo University softball team opens up the first annual SLU Sunshine Invitational with a meeting against Stillman College. The Lions are fresh off a double-header sweep of Palm Beach Atlantic University, winning by scores of 7-2 and 3-0 on Valentine’s Day.
- Senior Adriana Sanders made her season debut on the twinbill, hitting 4-for-7 with a pair of runs scored and a RBI. The third-baseman swiped three bags in the first contest of her senior year.
- Freshman Ciera Schumaker was a near perfect 6-for-7 on the day and is batting .457 on the season with seven RBI. Senior Cassie Boggs has driven in 10 RBI on the season and its batting .364 from the cleanup spot with seven extra-base hits.
- Outfielder McKenzie Burns continues to pad her program-lead in stolen bases, taking eight this season for 115 through her career at Saint Leo.
- Right-handed pitcher Samantha Tyler (3-0) pitched a complete-game shutout in her most recent outing, tossing seven innings while limiting the Sailfish to four hits. The freshman struck out eight batters while shrinking her ERA to 0.71 through 19.2 innings.
No. 3 Women's Tennis at Palm Beach Atlantic - 5 p.m.
- The Saint Leo women’s tennis team defeated No. 5 Lynn University this past Sunday, improving to a perfect 2-0 in Sunshine State Conference play. Sophomore Isabella Robbiani ousted ITA No. 1-ranked Valentine Confalonieri by a 6-2, 1-0 (retire) to give the junior her first loss in two years.
- The Lions remain the No. 2 team in the region after defeating Lynn 6-3. Robbiani earned SSC Women’s Tennis Athlete of the Week honors for her efforts against Lynn and Florida Southern, going a perfect 2-0 in singles play and an even 1-1 in doubles action, teaming up with Maria Benkirane.
- Palm Beach Atlantic enters the contest after losing 8-1 to Rollins College on Feb. 14. The Sailfish are on a two-match losing streak entering their home contest against Saint Leo.
- In the last meeting between the two squads, the Lions took a clean sweep of PBA, winning 9-0 to conclude the regular season for the Green and Gold.
Baseball vs. McKendree - All Weekend
Where: Thomas B. Southard Stadium, Saint Leo, Fla.
Record: SLU 9-1 | MU 0-0
Website: SLU | MU
Game One: Feb. 20 at 6:00 pm: Live Stats | Live Video
Game Two: Feb. 21 at 1:00 pm: Live Stats
Game Three: Feb. 22 at 1:00 pm: Live Stats
- In their most recent game, Saint Leo baseball defeated Southeastern University 13-4 to move to 10-1 on the season. Freshman Jordan Pendleton picked up his second win of the season with a strong 6.0 inning performance.
- Sophomore Troy Sieber became the team’s home run (6) and RBI (23) statistical leader after this past game notching one home run and eight RBI. He is hitting .342 with a .892 slugging percentage.
- The top-3 leaders in at-bats for the Lions are all hitting .400 or better. With the most at-bats (50) is second-baseman Alex Mata who currently has a .400 batting average. Sophomore Dylan Harris is next with a .432 average in 44 at bats and he is followed by junior Cole Stancil with a .475 average in 40 at bats.
- McKendree University hails from Lebanon, Illinois and are members of the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC). This is their season opening series. Last season the Bearcats finished the season 21-29.
Saturday, February 21
Track at Gasparilla Distance Classic - All Day
Where: Bayshore Blvd, Tampa, Fla.
- Saint Leo men’s and women’s track will compete in all four races at the Gasparilla Distance Classic in Tampa Fla. The Lions will race in the 5K and 15K on Saturday and the 8K and Half-Marathon distances on Sunday.
- In the Lions last meet Colett Rampf finished first for Saint Leo in the 800 meters at the Jimmy Carnes Invitational. This weekend the sophomore will be tested in the 15K.
- At the Jimmy Carnes Invitational both the men's and women's teams placed seven top-10 finishes out of nine events.
- The men dominated 3,000 meter event with three finished in the top 10 in the first meet of the 2015 campaign.
- Joe Marrah finished at the top of the Lions in the 3,000 meter race in their first meet earlier this year with a time of 8:56:65. He will use the momentum and compete in the ½ marathon race.
Monday, February 23
Men's Golf at the Pirate Invitational - All Day
- Saint Leo men's golf is back in action at the Armstrong Pirate Invitational hosted by Armstrong State. Savannah Quarters Golf and Country Club will host the 54-hole tournament on its par-72, 6,550 yard course.
- The Lions carded an 875 (+11) their last time out at the Matlock Collegiate Classic Feb. 9-10.
- Liam Ainsworth led the Lions and tied for 20th on the individual leaderboard and completed the Classic with a three round score of 218.
- Saint Leo currently averages 73.14 and ranks 9th in the 2015 Top 25 NCAA DII Golfstat Rankings, which were released Feb. 18.