Oct 11, 2016
Men's Soccer vs. Montevallo - 3 p.m.
Walden Soccer Complex | Columbus State | Columbus, Ga.
Women's Soccer at Catawba - 3 p.m.
Frock Athletic Conference | Salisbury, N.C.
Men's Soccer Notes
- The Saint Leo men’s soccer team is looking to get on the right track when they travel to Columbus State to take on Montevallo in a neutral site game on Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 3 p.m.
- The Lions enter the contest at 2-5 where the Falcons come into the contest at 7-3 on the year.
- Saint Leo is looking to stop a two-game losing skid following losses versus Rollins, 3-0, and at West Florida, 3-0.
- Marcelo Casas leads the pack with seven points on three goals and one assist, while Bafou Sanogo has scored two for four points. Teddy Auyoma, Matthias Katerna, Keisuke Ohata, and Brandon Rivera have each tallied one.
- Senior keeper Conor McElhinney has played in 379:14 minutes and has recorded 20 saves while allowing nine goals in his time in between the posts on a 1-3 record. Sophomore goalie James White has played in 270 minutes with a 1-2 record and has allowed eight goals with nine saves.
- Montevallo enters the contest with a 7-3 record and recently dropped their last game 2-0 on the road to North Georgia. The Falcons have scored 15 goals this season and average 1.50 goals a game. Liam Moore leads the team with 12 points on five goals and two assists, just ahead of Oliver Cylkowski who sits at 11 points with four goals and three assists. Keeper Robert Kuta is 7-3 on the year in goal, playing a total of 940:28 minutes with 11 goals against for an average of 1.05. Kuta has tallied two shutouts on the season.
Women's Soccer Notes
- The Saint Leo women’s soccer team hits the road after two games got postponed last week. This time they travel to Catawba for a match at 3 p.m. The Lions are currently 7-2 while Catawba enters at 6-3-1.
- The Lions are coming off a 7-0 win over Valdosta State that saw six different players tally goals. Saint Leo saw goals from Rosie Young, Chelsea Reid, Victoria Covas, Arielle Kabangu, Sofie Haellsten, and two goals from Lindsey Perkins. Katie Waddell dished out two assists, while Kabangu, Rakeisha Sealey, Brooke Snoll, and Kayla Pereira all provided an assist. Haellsten, Covas, Reid and Young all connected on their first goals of the season.
- Saint Leo currently ranks first in the SSC in assists per game, points per game, scoring offense, total assists, total goals, and total points. The also ranked 10th in the nation in assists per game.
- Kabangu leads the team in points with 23 on 11 goals and one assist where Natalie Melillo is second on the team with 11 on two goals and seven assists. Katie Waddell has added two goals and five assists for third on the team in points with nine. In goal, Julia Ortiz leads the way with 551:38 minutes played with a 5-1 record and nine goals against. The freshman has a 1.47 goals-against-average and has tallied 24 saves on the season.
- CATAWBA averages 2.4 goals per game on 156 shots on the year. Caitlin Hill leads the way for the team with six goals, just ahead of Bailey Howell who has five goals. In goal, Liz Nail has charted 605 minutes in between the posts for the Indians with 10 goals against for a 1.49 goals-against-average with 33 saves. Nail owns a 4-2-1 record, with three shutouts