Oct 07, 2016
M/W Cross Country at the Saint Leo DII National Preview
Men's Race - 8:00 a.m. | Women's Race - 9:15 a.m.
Abbey Golf Course | Saint Leo, Fla.
Men's Swimming Notes
- Saint Leo men’s swimming will have two representatives at the Colorado Mesa Intermountain Shootout, attempting to hit marks that will be good enough for NCAA qualification while utilizing the allowable altitude adjustment. Also competing in the event will be Utah, Brigham Young, Air Force, and Liberty University.
- Jan Urbaniak will be competing in Friday’s 1650 Freestyle race, and he will be in the 500 Freestyle on Saturday. Colorado-native Hunter Bains will race in Friday’s 200 Freestyle and Saturday’s 100 Freestyle. All events will be timed finals.
- Both Saint Leo men’s and women’s swimming open their team slate of 2016-17 events on Friday, Oct. 14, when they swim in a double-dual format event at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Fla.
Cross Country Notes
- Saint Leo University will be giving Division II cross country runners an advance look at the course for the NCAA South Region and national championship meets, when it hosts the Saint Leo Division II National Preview this Saturday at The Abbey Golf Course.
Currently slated to compete in the event are:
- Men's 8K: Saint Leo University, Augusta University, Young Harris College, Wilmington University (Del.), Flagler College, Valdosta State, Florida Southern, Malone University, and Morehouse College. Wilmington (No. 8 East), Florida Southern (No. 2 South), Saint Leo (No. 3 South), Augusta (No. 4 Southeast), Flagler (No. 5 Southeast), and Young Harris (No. 10 Southeast) are all regionally ranked.
- Women's 6K: No. 17 Malone University, No. 25 Saint Leo University, Augusta University, Young Harris College, Wilmington University (Del.), Flagler College, Valdosta State, Florida Southern College, University of Tampa, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Palm Beach Atlantic University. Malone (No. 6 Midwest), Saint Leo (No. 1 South), Tampa (No. 4 South), Valdosta State (No. 8 South), Palm Beach Atlantic (No. 10 South), Augusta (No. 7 Southeast), and Flagler (No. 10 Southeast) are all regionally ranked.
- The Saint Leo volleyball team looks to take on Lynn University on Saturday afternoon after Hurricane Matthew passes. Saint Leo is currently, 9-5, 3-2 in the SSC. Lynn is currently 9-4, 3-2 SSC, but will play the University of Tampa on Friday night.
- Saint Leo is led by their three outside hitters, they combine for 9.11 kills per set. Hope Lemon leads the way, averaging 3.71. Both Avery Bradshaw and Britt Sederholm add 2.70 kills per set. Sederholm also adds 2.23 digs per set, good for second on the team.
- Senior Jamee Townsend enters the match with 998 digs in her career and is just two shy of reaching the elusive 1,000 mark for her career. She is averaging 5.00 digs per set currently.
- Setters Anna Garrett and Maddy Powell are averaging 10.68 and 7.82 per set. Powell adds 1.71 kills per set, and 2.12 digs per set. Garrett adds 1.35 digs per set, and has tallied seven blocks.
- Lynn enters the match averaging 13.15 kills per set, and 1.46 blocks per set. They most recently came off a win over #22 Florida Southern, 3-0, in Lakeland, Fla. Cleuza Porto averages 4.09 kills per set, while Lydia West averages 2.79, and Nicol Colonna adds 2.17.