Women's basketball at Florida Tech - 5:30 p.m.
Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
Video | Live Stats
Men's basketball at Florida Tech - 7:30 p.m.
Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
Video | Live Stats
Women's Basketball Notes
- The Saint Leo women’s basketball team takes on Florida Tech in midweek action as they head to Melbourne on Wednesday. Saint Leo has dropped its’ last five games and will look to find their way against Florida Tech.
- In the last outing, Chelsy Springs led with 11 points and 12 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season, while Dotson added 11 points as well. The Lions ultimately fell to the Rollins Tars, 71-47.
- Madelin Lang currently leads the Sunshine State Conference in Assist Turnover Ratio at 2.38. Her mark is good for 27th in all of NCAA DII. She has dished out 66 assists, third most in the SSC, and has only committed 29 turnovers.
- Chelsy Springs continues to lead the SSC in points per game at 16.4. She currently has four double-doubles on the season as well. She also is second in the conference in field goal percentage at 47.7-percent shooting.
- Ragen Dotson has improved her offensive production as the season has gone on, and is now averaging 12.1 points per game. In fact, since December, her average is 14.7 points per game, and she has scored in double figures in nine of the ten games played.
- The Lions are the No. 3 scoring offense in the league at 69.8 points per game, while also being the No. 2 team in forced turnovers at 18.7 per game.
- Florida Tech is averaging 65.8 points per game on the season while allowing their opponents to average just 62.1.
- Shequana Harris and DeLise Williams are the two offensive threats for the Panthers. Harris is averaging 13.5 points per game, while Williams is adding 10.2.
Men's Basketball Notes
- SAINT LEO travels to Melbourne Wednesday for a 7:30 p.m. matchup with Florida Tech with a 7-10, 2-6 SSC record. The Lions enter the contest after a 77-72 loss on Jan. 14 at home versus Rollins.
- In the loss, Marcus Dewberry scored a game-high 33 points, ending just two points shy of his career-high. Dewberry finished the night 11-of-20 from the field which included 9-of-15 from beyond the three-point arc. Dewberry went 2-for-2 from the charity stripe, extending his streak to 14 consecutive made free throws.
- Eight other Lions scored on the night where Justin Satchell led with nine points, going 2-of-5 from downtown while adding a jumper and a free throw to his total. Junior Searcy chipped in with seven points as Antoine Tobias, and Tyreece Brice scored six points apiece. Tobias finished with game-high eight rebounds with one offensive board and seven defensive boards.
- For Dewberry, his 33 points were his fifth straight 20+ point performance while he has scored 20 or more points in nine of 16 games played. He has recorded three 30-point performances on the year, three off his mark from a year ago. He carries his free throw streak of 14 straight into the midweek contest where his last missed free throw was on Dec. 19 against Benedict at the 2:33 mark in the first half. Since his last miss, Dewberry has gone 2-for-2, 6-for-6 (vs. Nova Southeastern Jan. 4), 1-for-1 (at Tampa Jan. 7) and 2-for-2 (vs. Rollins Jan. 14).
- On the year, three Lions average double-figures in Dewberry who leads the team with 20.6 points per game. Satchell follows Dewberry for second on the team with 15.6 ppg where Brice is third at 11.4 ppg.
- Satchell leads the team in rebounds with 112 on the year where he holds 6.6 rebounds per game average. Dewberry is second on the team at 4.9 RPG, and Necdet Gurkan and Tobias are tied for third at 4.5. Just off their heels, Brice is fifth on the team hauling in 4.4 rebounds per game.
- As a team, the Lions average 79.1 points per game and allow opponents to score 79.9 ppg.
- In the SSC rankings: Dewberry is fourth in scoring per game (20.6). Satchell is ninth in scoring (15.6) and 11th in rebounds per game (6.6). Dewberry and Satchell are 10th (.500) and 11th (.486), respectively in field goal percentage in the SSC. Dewberry is ninth in the league in three-point field goal percentage (.373) and is the league leader in free throw percentage (.932). Dewberry and Brice are ranked fourth (4.9) and fifth (4.4), respectively in assists per game as Brice is third in assists to turnover ratio at 2.4. The Lions as a team are seventh in scoring offense (79.1) while they are sixth in scoring defense (79.9).
- In the national rankings, Dewberry is sixth in free throw percentage (.932) as he is 55-for-59 from the stripe on the year.
- FLORIDA TECH enters the mid-week game with an 11-6, 4-4 SSC record after defeating Palm Beach Atlantic 76-73 on Jan. 14 in West Palm Beach. The Panthers were led by Jordan Majors who scored game-high 22 points. Sam Daniel joined him as the only two FIT players in double-figures with 18 points.
- On the year, the Panthers are led by Majors who averages 22.1 points per game. Just behind him is Daniel at 20.8 ppg where Patrick Anderson rounds out the double-digit average with 14.4 ppg.
- Daniel is close to averaging a double-double as he hauls in an average of 8.6 rebounds per game where Anderson also is close to averaging a double-double with points and assists where he dishes out an average of 6.6 assists per game.
- As a team, the Panthers average 89.4 points per game while holding their opponents to 85.6.
- In the SSC rankings: Majors is second in the conference in scoring (22.1) where Daniel is third in scoring (20.8) and is fourth in rebounding (8.6). Robert Booth is ninth in the SSC in rebounds per game (6.8). Daniel is sixth in three-point field goal percentage (.414). Anderson and Majors are fifth (.854) and seventh (.833), respectively in free throw percentage in the SSC. Daniel leads the league in three-point field goals per game averaging 3.4. Anderson is second in assists per game (6.6) and is fourth in assists to turnover ratio (2.3). Anderson is second in steals in the SSC with 35 on the year (2.1 per game).