Apr 17, 2017
Women's Lacrosse Notes
- The Saint Leo women’s lacrosse team host Lenoir-Rhyne on Tuesday at 3 p.m. in the Lions’ final home game of the 2017 season. Saint Leo has a 6-9 record this season and is 4-6 at home entering Tuesday’s affair.
- On the season, the Lions are averaging 11.53 goals per game, while winning 11.60 draws per game.
- Seniors Kelsey Burns and Caroline Fraser have led the Lions on offense this season. Burns has scored a team-high 28 goals while recording 33 points. Fraser has 37 points with 17 goals and a team-best 20 assists.
- Seven Lions, including Burns and Fraser, have scored at least 20 points. Leslie Ferguson and Abbie Ross both have 25 points, while Katherine Larson and Kaylah Walstad each have tallied 23. Sabrina Sanacore has added 21 points.
- Lenoir-Rhyne enters with a 9-6 record, but are currently on a three-game skid after losses to No. 8 Queens (20-7), No. 4 Florida Southern (15-5), and No. 5 Rollins (11-5).
- The Bears are averaging 10.8 goals per game while winning 11.6 draws per game.
- Gabby Sousa leads the team with 45 points on 39 goals and six assists, while Alyssa Sack has scored 32 goals and added seven assists. Torrey Schwitkis leads the team with 18 assists with 19 goals for 37 points.